Analyses & Views
Publications: Analysis and views
Legal analysis of farmland expropriation in Namibia
- Legal opinion on the expropriation of commercial farmland, focusing on the terms ‘national interest’ and ‘just compensation’.
- Download PDF [553 kb]
On the record: Political party representatives challenged. Part 1: Political Platforms
- Based on questionnaires that constitute the basis of in-depth interviews with party representatives.
- Download PDF [1772 kb]
On the record: Political party representatives challenged. Part 2: Economic Programs
- An examination of economic issues that are generally omitted by political party manifestos.
- Download PDF [799 kb]
Herero lawsuit against the Deutsche Bank
- The prospects of success for the Herero lawsuit against the Deutsche Bank for crimes committed during German colonial times. An assessment of possible outcomes.
- Download PDF [1567 kb]
Land and landscape in Otjiherero oral culture
- An analysis of cultural and social aspects of the land question in Namibia.
- Download PDF [784 kb]
Regional Councils and decentralization: At the Crossroads
- A review of the progress made by the decentralization policy and of Regional Council’s track records.
- Download PDF [1014 kb]
Spot the difference: Political party platforms compared
- Analysis of political parties’ ideological histories; comparing manifestos and publications across a wide range of issues.
- Download PDF [679.05 kb]
"We write what we like"
- The role of independent print media and independent reporting in Namibia.
- Download PDF [578.69 kb]
Prostitution in Windhoek
- Prostitution in Windhoek, Namibia: An exploration of poverty.
- Download PDF [1373.28 kb]
Intercultural communication and integration
- A study of intercultural communication and integration through the media in Namibia.
- Download PDF [1686 kb]