These are our main partners in Namibia.
The Eloolo Permaculture Initiative is a group of young environmentalist and activists engaged in education, research, consultation, implementation of food systems and associated Permaculture projects. We strive to improve human ecosystems to become healthy and abundant, guided by our ethics: Care for the people, care for the earth and fair share!
Eloolo Permaculture Initiative is based in Windhoek, the capital of Namibia, we are the country’s first and only Permaculture NGO.
Our young and dynamic team has a fresh and unique approach to tackling environmental and socio-political problems that still persist, and are worsening, in Namibia after 27 years of independence.
We believe that all Namibians can benefit from taking part in shaping their environment to become more abundant and resilient in the wake of great environmental and economic challenges.
We are passionate about working on projects addressing urban food security, community education, environmental awareness and sustainability.
Eloolo Permaculture Initiative endeavours to improve human ecosystems to become healthy and abundant, guided by our ethics of care for the people, care for the earth and fair share.
Our vision is for people to live in healthy communities based on resilient food systems.
'Eloolo' means 'abundance' in Oshivambo, the language of Namibia's largest ethnic group.
More partners of the Namibia Institute for Democracy
The Namibia Institute for Democracy (NID) has, since its inception, received funding for specific programs from the following institutions:
- British High Commission to Namibia
- Bertelsmann Stiftung
- Canada Fund
- European Commission
- Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany to Namibia
- Embassy of Finland to Namibia
- Embassy of France to Namibia
- Embassy of the United States of America to Namibia
- Forum Syd
- Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Hanns-Seidel Foundation (HSF)
- Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS)
- National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI)
- Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA)
- Pupkewitz Foundation
- Royal Netherlands Embassy to Namibia
- Studievorbundet Vuxenskolan
- Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA)
- Turkish-Asian Centre for Strategic Studies (TASAM)
- UCL Futures
- UNDP Oslo Governance Centre
- United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF)
- UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO)
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Welcome Trust
- Westminster Foundation for Democracy
The following institutions have made use of the NID’s project implementation services:
- Anti-Corruption Commission Namibia (AAC)
- Electoral Commision of Namibia (ECN)
- Namibian Parliament
- Ministry of Regional and Local Government, Housing and Rural Development
- Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare
- Management Systems International (MSI)
- Institute for Democracy in South Africa (IDASA)
- Overseas Development Institute (ODI)
- Women’s Campaign International (WCI)
- National Association of Local Authority Officials (NALAO)
- Dag Hammarskjöld Foundation
- PACT Namibia